Resume of Dr. Sonia Joubert
Please note that this is a shortened resume version
Dr. Sonia Joubert
47 Fourth Street, Linden, 60 Fourth Street, Linden
BA (US) – Majoring in Afrikaans-Nederlands and History (1971)
BA Honours (RAU) – Afrikaans – Nederlands (1972)
HED (Unisa) (1979)
BEd. (Unisa) – Gifted Education (1982)
MEd (RAU) – Educational Psychology (1991)
D Ed (RAU) – Educational Psychology (1994)
Logotherapy (Unisa) (2002)
Fundamental Intensive Training in Ego State (Hypnotherapy) Therapy presented by The Milton H. Erickson Institute of South Africa) (2003)
Informal training through the US and other service providers towards acquiring Continued Professional Development Points as per requirement of the HPCSA
Creative Problem-Solving at the University of Buffalo, Upstate, NY
Senior Lecturer in Education at Vista University – Soweto Campus (1993 to 1994).
Associate Director at the Faculty of Business Management at the Witwatersrand Technikon. (1994 to 2004). This position included tasks such as:
- Management of various departments such HR and Communication.
- Initiation, design, and implementation of a bridging program for students who did not meet first-year entry criteria.
- Lecturing a variety of subjects such as Entrepreneurship, Organisational Behaviour, Statistics for MBA students etc.
Consulting and training for a variety of large corporate companies on:
- Identifying “champions” and assessing leadership potential
- Cultivating a culture and climate for creativity
- Mentoring towards the development of creative and critical thinking, emotional intelligence etc.
- Developing change management for companies
- Restructuring and facilitating change management
- Team building and mediation
- Research on various problems a specific company might experience on any level in the form of pre-test, intervention and post-test investigations
- Teaching, implementing and mentoring Creative Problem Solving Processes in corporations
Motivational speaking at corporate events.
TV appearances on topics like mindfulness and marital relationship exploration as well as a regular contributor to Sarie magazine.
Psychology practice (2004 to the present)
Services include the following:
- Psychological therapy using a wide variety of approaches such CBT and Creative Problem Solving models
- Mentoring, life and business coaching
- Regular contributions to magazine articles for SARIE magazine as well as Television recordings in terms of the above.
CEO of thinkingfit Pty. Ltd.
Services include corporate interventions as well as group workshops focused on individual development, relationships, parenting, career planning and various other topics as described above. Co-facilitators I have mentored and trained over a significant period of time, assist in the latter.
Winner of the De Kat/Johannesburgse Afrikaanse Sakekamer as one of ten unsung heroes of 1994. Apla/Azapo and Volkstater students were combined in a three-day workshop at RAU. The purpose was to apply an advanced form of thinking called “paradoxical thinking” to shift existing paradigms. This workshop was partially sponsored by the Chairman’s fund of Anglo America.
The intervention was measured by a pre- and post-test in order to verify the results academically. The result was exceptionally positive and led to an invitation by the University of St. Thomas, Minneapolis and the University of Buffalo (US) to present these in 1994.
Leader of the International Home base at the annual Creative Problem Solving Institute Conference, University of Buffalo, Upstate NY.