- Creativity is a topic that is often misunderstood and generally associated with the arts. This is a total misconception. Creativity is a Higher Order Thinking Skill and can be applied to any field of study, from sciences like Medicine to soft skills like communication.
- The essence of creativity is that it is focused on identifying gaps or challenges in existing knowledge, “experimenting”- and exploring with the purpose of breakthrough problem solving.
- Barbara Clark described creativity as the highest form of brain functioning.
- Creativity involves specific skills that can be learnt, no matter what one’s age is! It is also possible to test your current level of creativity.
- Dr Paul Torrance, the “father” of formal research in creative thinking, said that creativity is the most important skill for us human beings to embrace- and survive a daunting future.
- Unfortunately creativity is largely neglected by our education system simply because of a lack of knowledge and understanding of the topic.
The above are simply a few pointers. For more information, contact me via my e-mail address which is email@example.com.
It is time for designing your future by learning the skills of creativity…