In the Bible the comment is made that the human tongue is a mighty sword. It can make or break. This means that if I want the world to be a better place, I have to take close notice of the words that I express. Every word has weight and can either add constructive value to others or break them down. Consider the following questions:
- What have I said to another this past week that hurt them, discouraged them or blocked them from living out their potential?
- Whom have I inspired and given hope to?
- Where did I dominate a conversation instead of listening with care when another was speaking?
- Where did others do the same to me?
- How did you experience this?
The above certainly does not mean that I have to allow others to step on me. I can however reprimand without annihilating another and getting into a destructive, negative and pointless fight.
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS?